How To Improve Your Relationship
1. Be a good listener
Show a sincere interest in what's happening in the other persons life. Listen with openness, this means active listening, really listen and take in what the other person is saying. This may take some practice since most people tend to partially listen, while thinking of what they are going to say next.Remember we have one mouth and two ears.
2.Look for the good in people.
You have a choice as to whether you look for the good in people, or their imperfections. The more attention you pay to a persons good points, the more your respect for your partner increases.
3. Stop having to be Right
It is so easy to get into the You're Wrong- I'm Right Thing. Decide between you and your partner that it is more important to feel happy than right. Avoid silly arguments over 'Why he left the toilet seat up again' or 'Why she leaves her dirty coffee cup on the table instead of washing it up straight away'. Give each other permission to be human, and to make mistakes from time to time.
4.Avoid taking life too seriously.
Have fun and a good sense of humour.
5.Respect your partners views.
We all have a different model of the world and see things differently. No one's view of the world is right or wrong it's a matter of opinion. Try seeing the world from their point of view.
6. Stop trying to change people.
When you first fell in love you focused on the things you loved about your partner. So why is it , that when we are together for a while, we forget about all the good points and start to focus on all the things we see as wrong with them. Think about it .. How do you feel when someone compliments you ? How do you feel when someone criticizes you? Which of these would you prefer? Take a moment and think about how your partner must feel when you constantly criticize him/her? ¡ also how do you think this makes them feel about you?
7. Accept imperfections
We are all Perfectly Imperfect. Perfect people do not exist and sometimes the weakness we see in another, is a way of showing us what needs to be examined in our own psyche.
Take time for yourself, your interests and your personal development. I know we are all busy and it is easier to put your needs aside until you have more time ¡ until the kids are at school, until I am on holidays, until I have more money, until I retire and suddenly it's too late!
9. Look after your health.
Poor health will undermine your good intentions and your sense of humour.
Follow a good diet, exercise and get enough rest.
10.Life is Finite
If you suddenly discovered you had only six months to live, would you waste your precious time on arguments? How many times would you tell your partner, friends and family 'I Love You'. How much more time would you spend with your loved one ? Don't wait until it is too late. Spend time with your children¡ take a day off work and go to their school functions, forget about the dirty laundry and make love to your partner, ring your mother and tell her you love her. Don't leave it until it's too late.
7 Simple Ways to
Spice Up Your Love Life
After 8 years of living with her partner in an otherwise happy relationship, Julie, 42, feels there is something wrong with her sex life. “I can’t remember the last time I initiated sex”, she says … ‘I can remember entire days spend in bed. Now I don’t even respond to his advances.”
It doesn’t have to be this way. Your relationship can become even more intimate and sexy as the years go by.
Here are some tips on how to re-connect with your partner inside and outside the bedroom
1. Abandon Routine
Go dating. Married couples should never stop dating. Pick a time and make it special - not just one more thing on your to-do list.. Remember planned sex can still be HOT Sex
2. Build anticipation - As your partner is walking out the door, tell him what you are planning to d to him tonight. Send him a sexy text or email …. Or leave a little surprise in his briefcase …. You will both be feeling excited and filled with anticipation all day.
3. Share a fantasy. Talk to your partner, find out his favourite fantasy, and re-create it … tell him yours and let him do the same for you.
4. Kiss . How often do you kiss your partner , I mean really kiss, not just a peck on the cheek … pull him to you and kiss him passionately, say to him “I adore kissing you”
5. Try somewhere new. Using the dining room table for something other than dining adds variety.
6. Feel sexy. When you feel sexy, you will act sexy as well.
7. Bring back the flirting. Do you remember when you first started dating your partner, and the flirty way toy talked to him and acted around him? It’s time to bring that back !